SHCU to Temporarily Close Lobby due to COVID-19
Still open for regular business, opening accounts, working loan apps and member services.
Bulked up online and drive thru services readily available for members
SHCU is doing our part to limit the potential spread of the COVID-19 virus. We want to provide assurance of SHCU’s commitment to ensuring the health and safety of our members, employees and our community. We are following the CDC’s recommendations for the safety of our membership and our team.
Effective, Tuesday, March 17, 8:30 a.m.:
- The lobby (1200 E Tinkham Ave.) will be temporarily closed for walk-in service until further notice.
- Our drive-thru and phone lines will remain open to serve you:
- Monday – Thursday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. ET
- Friday 8:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. ET
- Saturday 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. ET
- Member Service Phone Lines:
- Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.ET
- Our online/mobile/phone banking services and ATM network are also available 24/7 for the majority of your banking needs.
What can you do?
In addition to following the advice of health authorities regarding COVID-19 and your personal health and well-being, there are also steps you can take with respect to your finances with Safe Harbor:
- Utilize Self-Serve Options from Wherever You Are.
- Minimize person-to-person contact through use of online, mobile and/or phone banking, as well as ATMs to conduct all or at least a majority of your financial transactions.
- Plan Ahead.
- If you don’t already have access to SHCU’S 24/7 self-service options, visit www.safeharborcu.org for more information or call 231.843.2323 to enroll in Online Banking. SHCU also highly recommends that you request a SHCU ATM or Debit Card - if you do not already have one - by calling us at 231.843.2323
- Minimize Cash Transactions.
- According to the World Health Organization, cash may be contributing to the spread of COVID-19. Use your SHCU Debit and/or Credit Card for contactless payments.
- Communicate with Safe Harbor Credit Union.
- Safe Harbor Credit Union understands that members may be financially impacted by current events. If you are having financial hardship or difficulty making loan payments, please contact us at 231.843.2323
- Use SHCU Drive-Thru for Teller Transactions.
- Expedite your transaction and minimize physical contact by taking advantage of our fast, efficient drive-thru service during regular business hours, including Saturdays from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. ET. For a simple deposit or loan payment, feel free to use our night deposit box (located in our drive-thru) at any time.
Business Continuity Measures
We have activated our business continuity plan to ensure access to your funds and banking services remain certain during this time.
- We have secure systems in place to allow essential functions to be performed remotely in order to avoid interruption to member service.
- We require business continuity plans of our system providers prior to doing business with them and have been assured repeatedly by our providers that all member-facing platforms are and will remain stable and accessible.
Rest assured, that Safe Harbor Credit Union and its vendor-partners are prepared for circumstances like what we are currently experiencing. Our Executive team holds multiple annual exercises to ensure our institution’s readiness and ability to maintain delivery of the services you expect from Safe Harbor Credit Union.
For more information on COVID-19 and for proper precautions check out the links below
President & CEO
Safe Harbor Credit Union