Safe Harbor Credit Union is constantly concerned about our member’s critical information and privacy. With this in mind, we have the following security services installed on our Internet server:
- Each server is behind a Firewall. Our servers block critical ports and IP addresses on servers from external attack and access.
- Each server runs proprietary software that constantly monitors the servers for unauthorized use and attempts to “hack” into information. Administrators are contacted when force attacks are committed, and countermeasures can be applied to stop these instances.
- All administrative activity requires user login and authentication. All administrative updates are logged into files that can be reviewed later.
- Our web site servers come with a Global Verisign Certificate (RSA) for digitally encrypted communications between the web server and our members. Information passed in applications cannot be decrypted by third parties attempting to “pick” information being passed across the Internet backbone.
- Our web servers run the latest version of Apache Web Server, which is considered the strongest and most secure Web server software on the market.